The “Love Purple, Live Gold” Louisiana State University Tigers™ Rose Bouquet. LSU students, alumni, faculty, and fans can now show your Tiger colors and school pride with your inspired rose arrangement celebrating the spirit of LSU !
. Presented in a memorable gift box displaying the colors and logo of the university, this floral gift is a wonderful way to celebrate athletic achievements, student and faculty birthdays, anniversaries, LSU homecomings, graduations, and all of the Baton Rouge accomplishments that students and alumni achieve that deserve the Fighting Tigers colors
Fact about Louisiana State University
- Ranked Best National Universities 3 years in a row by US News and World Report
- The current LSU campus is located on 2,000 acres (8.1 km²) just south of downtown Baton Rouge.
- A majority of the university’s 250 buildings, most of which were built between 1925 and 1940, occupy a 650-acre (2.6 km²) plateau on the banks of the Mississippi River.
- Other campuses in the LSU system include the LSU Agricultural Center, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, University of New Orleans, LSU at Shreveport, LSU at Eunice, LSU at Alexandria, and the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center New Orleans
Famous LSU Alumni
Many LSU athletes have reached the tops of their fields for their excellence in their respective sports. Pete Maravich was a basketball star for LSU and also won first team All-American honors three years and the 1970 NCAA National ‘Player of the Year’. NBA Star and future hall of famer, Shaquille O’Neal is a well-known athlete alumnus for LSU and received many honors, including being named twice as a first team Men’s Basketball All-American and twice as the SEC Player Of The Year. So far, Billy Cannon is the only LSU football player to win college football’s highest individual honor as Heisman Trophy winner in 1959 as a running back for the LSU Tigers. Cannon made the College Football Hall of Fame in 2009. JaMarcus Russell, an outstanding collegiate quarterback, was the Oakland Raiders #1 draft pick of 2006. Professional golfer Johnny Pott, five time winner on the PGA Tour, was a outstanding golfer on the 1955 LSU NCAA winning golf squad.
LSU alumni are known on both the national and international stage in the fields of politics, education, and the arts. Such noteworthies include James Carville, who was the senior political adviser to Bill Clinton, and Donna Brazile, the campaign manager of the 2000 presidential campaign of Vice-President Al Gore. Hubert Humphrey, the 38th Vice President of the United States, earned his master’s degree in political science before he became the junior United States Senator of Minnesota. Randy Moffett, president of the University of Louisiana System (ULS) and formerly president of Southeastern Louisiana University received his Ed.D. from Louisiana State University in 1980. Academy Award-winning actress Joanne Woodward studied drama while she attended LSU
- Purple Roses Purple Roses The rose is a flower that is almost universally enjoyed for its beauty and fragrance, it is among our favorite flowers. Many different...
- Lavender Roses Click Here to Order Lavender Roses One of the rarest and most visually dazzling rose colors is lavender. The striking shades of light purple...
- Funeral Flowers for President Gerald Ford With the passing of President Gerarld R. Ford on December 26, 2006, the nation will officially be in mourning for 30 days according to tradition...
- Yellow Roses Click Here to Order Yellow Roses When we call our favorite florists to arrange flower delivery, it is nice to consider the meaning and history...
- Red Roses During February, people are not surprised to find every florist, online flower shop and restaurant decorated with red roses. The season of love has finally...